Quality Sets Us Apart
We know that once you build the home you’ve been dreaming about, it’s important for that home to stand the test of time. Every task, material and feature that goes into each Todd Menard home offers you the kind of quality that will last.
With these specific quality construction details, you can confidently choose Todd Menard to build your home.
Materials that Ensure Quality
- We use larger footings and more rebar in the foundation, so you get a stronger, more stable, home that’s less apt to settle or shift over time.
- We use a Silent Floor I-Joist System with 5/8” tongue-and-groove subflooring that’s glued, nailed and re-nailed. You get a floor that’s extra-durable-with no squeaks.
- We apply Moisture Guard sealant along all roof edges, to virtually eliminate ice dams.
- We build exterior walls with 1/2” plywood for superior strength and noise reduction.
- We wrap exterior walls with Tyvek House Wrap and seal windows with rubber membrane to provide a moisture and air infiltration barrier.
- We caulk all exterior joints and nails with Vulkem compound, providing a barrier against air and moisture that lasts 3 to 5 times longer than traditional caulk – and that means less maintenance.
- Todd Menard homes come with an energy package that includes R-50 ceiling insulation, R-15 Total Wall, R-10 vinyl for the basement, and Low-E Marvin windows throughout. Our energy-saving HVAC units meet or exceed all energy codes. So you save 20 to 30% on your energy costs.
- All Todd Menard homes come with a 10-year Watchdog basement-waterproofing guarantee. You can be confident your lower level can be finished and used every day.
Processes that Provide Peace of Mind
- We finalize the construction schedule when framing is complete, giving you a reliable closing date and move-in date so you can plan.
- We check all framing for integrity before the drywall phase. Todd’s experience helps ensure your walls are straight and on plumb, setting the tone for the rest of construction.
- Todd Menard is personally on the job site every day. This means you can rest assured that you will get a higher quality home, a cleaner job site and a job that’s completed on schedule.
- We use the same subcontractors for every project. They adhere to our stringent quality standards, resulting in the quality you expect, when you expect it. These are craftsman-level subcontractors who have proven their abilities, dedication and reliability, earning their place on the Todd Menard team.
- We maintain a clean job site and portable restrooms on every home site-a sign of our higher quality, pride in what we do and respect for the neighborhood and subcontractors.